When it comes to beauty, I don’t have an extensive collection of products, but I do splurge on items I consider essential to my routine. For this reason, I’m always looking to balance the more expensive products with DIYs that also offer worthwhile results. With the winter weather in full force, I’ve found myself returning to an easy and effective lip scrub recipe to save my skin. With three simple ingredients that are always available in my pantry, I’m able to whip up a scrub that rivals anything I’ve bought in stores. The organic sugar works to exfoliate dead skin away, while coconut oil nourishes and moisturizes; the flavour extract makes the whole experience smell and taste amazing.
What You’ll Need
- Coconut oil, melted
- Organic sugar
- Flavour extract of your choice (I used mint)
- Small jar for storage
- Use your jar to measure out ingredients, aiming for a 1:1 ratio of oil to sugar
- Transfer oil and sugar to a mixing bowl
- Add a few drops of your chosen extract
- Mix gently
- Transfer scrub to airtight container and store in refrigerator up to two weeks
So simple and so effective! Any favourite beauty DIYs you use? Share them below!